Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;
Brown paper packages tied up with strings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings;
These are a few of my favorite things.

I was watching the sound of music this evening..this lovely classic was a staple in my house growing up. I am sure I've watched it 501 times in my life time. I couldn't help but sing along of course but had to stop half way because it reminded me of my dad so much. He really had a special relationship with me and my siblings. I remember we would sit around him and take turns singing yet another lovely song from this classic:

Edelweiss-(daddy)
Edelweiss- (kids)
Every morning you greet me
Small and white-(daddy), Small and white-(kids)
Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

...and we would go on and on, just like in the movie.
Needless to say, I got emotional and wanted to put my thoughts down. I miss my dad a lot, but I've had quite a number of beautiful dreams about him, I KNOW he's in a better place. Now my dad was present at my wedding, I wish he could be here for the others after me but it's all good...God dey.

This song is dedicated to all the brides who danced and will dance with their dads on their wedding day, may your hearts be filled with gladness always.


When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad......

LOVE YOU DAD!xx

No comments: