Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Wedding Dress

I have had the honor of being a part of the wedding dress selection process with a couple of my friends. I was so excited, you would have thought it was my wedding; I cried (ok i exaggerate): "you look gorgeous" and yelled: "perfect! this is it, "this is THE one". Trust me, it was fun!
So, I've been thinking... if I had had a white wedding, what would I have worn? There are sooo many beautiful dresses out there that selecting the perfect wedding dress can be daunting. Here are a few tips to consider when shopping for your wedding dress:

1. Research online, cut out pictures from bridal magazines, download and print images of gowns you wish to try on.
2. Have a price range and make sure the shops you are visiting have gowns within your chosen range.
3. Be prepared to pay a deposit of at least 50% of the cost of your dress.
4. Don't set your mind on one particular dress before you go shopping, try on a couple of different styles.
5. Please take one, max two shopping companions whose opinions mean the most to you.
6. Take shoes with the same size heel you expect to wear on your wedding day.
7. Once you've found the perfect dress, immediately discuss any alterations you would like.
8. Lastly, make sure you take home a fabric swatch to help you coordinate your shoes, veil, accessories & brides maids dresses.

I wonder what style dress I would have worn?

Eeny?

Vera Wang

Meeny?

Stephen Yearick

Miny?

Manuel Mota

Mo??!!

Chei!

Ok..I'm off to Sugar! Weddings to see what the trends are for wedding dresses in 2009

Later

No comments: